Stránky

úterý 28. května 2013

Review - Wounded

Summary:

WoundedWar has taken everything from me. My family. My home. My innocence. In a country blasted by war and wracked by economic hardship, a young orphan girl like me has very few options when it comes to survival. Thus, I do what I must to live, to eat, and I try very hard to not consider the cost to my soul. My heart is empty, and my existence brutal.

The one impossibility in my life is love.

And then I meet HIM.

War is hell. It takes a chunk out of a man's very soul to do the kinds of things war demands of you. You live with fear, you live with guilt, and you live with nightmares. If you haven't been through it, there's no understanding it. War leaves no room for love, no room for tenderness or softness. You gotta be hard, closed off, and ready to fight every moment of every day. Lose focus for a split second, and you're dead.

Now the only thing that can save me is HER


Review:

154724_187252278081831_890965210_n_large
Rania is an orphan girl who grow up in the centre of Iraq war with her brother. When her brother decided to join army, she had to survive on her own. Sha had no other option - she became prostitute. During these rough years Rania became Sabah - the prostitute who knows a lot about entertaining men and who had money for surviving. Rania doesn't know anything about love or caring - she only knows men with wild looks and unzipped pants. And after that she finds Hunter - american soldier who was hurt in the battle. Rania should leave him on the street, but she can't help and she takes care about him. During time spent with Hunter Rania finds out that there are many other possibilities of life, better than being prostitute and being used by men. Is there any possibility that love could save her tortured soul?

05syria_cnd-articlelarge_large
Wounded is really breath-taking and moving story from war. Well, when I read first summary, I thought this story will be about war and about difficulties of war. I don't know many war stories - and because of that this story is really unusual. It has all - action, love and sex. A lot of about sex. Wounded is supposed to be erotic novel - and it really is. But it is not so bad - Jasinda Wilder really did great job. All the characters are really sympatic and author shows us bad conditions of Iraqi women there. I almost cried when Rania talked about her childhood and culture expectations of women. 

Characters are really realistic and strong. Rania is best example of what women are capable of.  She became prostitute because she had no other choice. She had to go through hell and finally she stayed strong enough to survive. Hunter, on the other hand, is typical American soldier who lost his dreams in war. He saw death and he knows he may die. He also lost his love and only one thing that is really important for him is his best friend. I really appreciate the relations between them. It almost made me cry!

“There’s more, Rania,” I say in Arabic. “More than just sex.”  “Not for me.” “There is caring. There is…” I search for the right words in her language, “…there is wanting, but with the heart and also the body.

I would recommend Wounded to all who loves moving and heart-breaking stories with rough situation and strong characters. By reading this, you can understand mentality of arabic woman and you will be able to understand mentality of soldiers at all - we have no idea of living hell down there- one second and you are dead...   

Sorry for my bad English but I tried so hard! :) 

Ranking:  82,5 %

Goodreads
Amazon

Author:
Website
Goodreads      

4 komentáře:

  1. New follower here. I stumbled across your blog through a goodreads thread!

    I have to say I love your header, it's so pretty!I'm trying to figure out what language is your native language since some of your site has foreign words to me, My first guess of your nationality is Slovakian. I think my second is Czech, and my third is......Polish?

    Anyways I look forward to your future posts and hope i can get some great suggestions from your list of reviews.Hope i can see you back at either one of my blogs.

    twinjabookreviews.blogspot.com

    yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thanks! I followed you too :) My native language is Czech. Good job.

      See ya on your blog :)

      Vymazat
  2. I loved this book...It was so shocking finding out the real consequences of war!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Not at all bad English, you don't do yourself justice :P, just a few minor errors.. you are doing a great job!!!

    Irene

    OdpovědětVymazat